Monday, November 9, 2009

Madness Monday - SIMMONS

Mary Estelle SIMMONS married Walter Watson KINNICK on 6 Feb 1862 in Bureau County, Illinois. She was born 8 Aug 1843 and died 7 Jan 1909 in Bureau Co.

Her parents were George SIMMONS (b. abt 1815 in PA) and Mary Elizabeth LEE (b. abt 1825, KY).

Mary and Walter are my 2nd great grandparents. I know most of the families in my ancestry at this level... but not this one.

I want to identify Mary Estelle's brothers and sisters and their descendants. I have been able to discover very little about this family. They may have moved to Nebraska, but I know little more. Any suggestions or contacts would be welcomed.

Families are forever! ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Have you noticed the George Simmons entry in the 1850 U.S. Census at Bureau Co. Illinois? It straddles two pages. One the second page, one family away is the family of Senica Simmons b. New York, aged 57, wife Nancy, b. Penn., aged 51, with children: Mary, Martha, Charles, and Rachel. Note that your George Simmons has children named Mary, James, Charles, and Rachel. Dollars to doughnuts says that Senica is the father of George. In any case, starting with that census, just go forward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much! That is certainly a good place to check. I appreciate the help! ;-)

    ReplyDelete