Monday, February 22, 2010

My Hometown on Monday - Week 8 - Paul Kinnick

 My Hometown on Monday - Week 8 - Paul Kinnick

One of my goals here is to identify all the public office holders over the years. As a start, since I don't yet have a list, here is a clipping from the March 1942 Coon Rapids Enterprise about my grandfather,  Paul H. Kinnick (my mother's father). It is the only feature column I'm aware of about him.

Note near the end: "Taking a prominent part in community life, Paul has served many years on the school board. He is now treasurer of the school board and will no doubt be named town treasurer at the next election as he is on both tickets." I thought that was pretty neat!

He had been in one of the two banks in town from 1914 to 1942, if my math is correct... guess that is why he considered himself a "banker."

Click on the image for a larger image of the clipping.

 

Families are Forever!  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment