Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Tombstone Tuesday - Philander Lowery

Philander Lowery

My 3rd great grandfather, Walter Kinnick, had six sisters. It has been fun finding each of them and following their descendants. One of the sisters was Ann (1812-1872), who married Frederick Lowery (b. 1789, VA) on 18 May 1832 in Belmont Co, OH.

Frederick and Ann had seven children, four sons and three daughters. Three of the four sons served in the Civil War. One of them was Philander Lowery (1847-1914)... excuse me, but I love that name. Below, I am noting the information on his tombstone in the Sugar Grove Methodist Cemetery, Henry Twp, Henry Co, Indiana. Philander had three marriages and 8 children that we have identified. Philander was my first cousin 4 times removed!


Families are Forever!  ;-)

1 comment:

  1. What a great name! Wow, he was so young when he fought in the Civil War! Good work!

    ReplyDelete