Thursday, February 18, 2010

Treasure Chest Thursday - Birth Record-The Old Sheriff

Treasure Chest Thursday - Birth Record-The Old Sheriff

As I went into my database posted on WorldConnect.com (now wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com) I was mildly surprised that there are actually 25 William Prestons in my database - plus one Willie, one Willam Presson, and one William Presbury - prior names under which my line was known... in the very early days of country (and colony, of course!).

I was checking on my birth and death information for "The Old Sheriff" - my 2nd Great-Grandfather: b. 30 Dec 1780 in Rumney Twp, Grafton Co, New Hampshire; d. 1837 (living at the time) in St. Joseph Twp, Williams Co, Ohio. It is believed that he actually drowned in the river near Defiance, OH. No confirmation available.


My Treasure Chest item, however, is a copy of the official birth record for him in New Hampshire, in 1780, where, of course, as a baby, he was simply: William Preston, Jr. This certainly is a good reminder that no matter what life throws at us, we all started the same - a baby!



Families are Forever!  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment