Thursday, March 4, 2010

Treasure Chest Thursday - Like an older brother

Treasure Chest Thursday - Like an older brother

This is a post on "one of my favorite things!" Today it is Uncle Buzzy! Since I am a first-born, he was the closest thing to an older brother to me, growing up! Yes, I can remember a little from that far back...

This was the photo I came across this week that brought these memories back - 1946, Coon Rapids (IA) High School grad!


A year or two earlier... on the farm...Mom, her younger brother, Buzzy (ok, Edward, really!) and me...


He went off to the Army as part of the occupation troops in Japan... he drove a Jeep, and brought back a model for us (my brothers and I) to play with... wish I still had it!
Here he is, on the left, in Japan, with a friend from high school (actually, a cousin of my wife!).

 

Buzzy came back from Japan in eighteen months and married his high school sweetheart (and state champion basketball player). They used to take me to ball games, and stuff... neat memories (little brother stuff?!).  Here they are, a little later...


 
 
Got to love the hair! 
They now have a great family including many grandchildren. Here they are with a few of them, in the 70s!

 

 And finally, with my youngest daughter, Arrion, perhaps ten years ago.




Families are Forever!  ;-)

2 comments: