Thursday, April 15, 2010

Treasure Chest Thursday - Cradle Roll Certificate

Treasure Chest Thursday - Cradle Roll Certificate

Not to be outdone by my Mom, in saving old things, here is my Cradle Roll Certificate from the Star Methodist Sunday School, when I had just passed two months old. Oh! You say my Mom must have saved it so that I would have it now... You are probably right, now that I think about it. Thanks! I note that the Sunday School Superintendent, Rhoda Wilson, was an aunt of my wife - we've know each other since those days in the Sunday School in the fall of 1939!


Families are Forever!  ;-)

9 comments:

  1. Bill, This is getting to be eerie! I posted my aunt's cradle roll certificate, too, today!!!
    We've got to stop meeting this way! LOL
    Beautiful certificate! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet, the picture. Thank you for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank goodness someone saves things! My Mom and her Mom were both savers and thankfully, so am I. This is one beautiful cradle roll certificate. I wonder if I have one somewhere ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness, that looks just like a cradle roll certificate my mom has hanging in her house. Hers is dated 1936, from the Episcopal Church in Hamilton, Massachusetts. I don't have a photo of it, but thanks for posting to remind me to get a picture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neat, huh? Heather. Seems it was a good reminder all around. This has really been fun, getting all the comments. Thank you each! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You sent me to the internet...seething with my obstinate parents that I too was not enrolled in something called a Cradle Roll. So to find out what I was so jealous of, I had to find out what was a Cradle Roll. Thanks to you and Mountain Genealogists, I was up half the night last night! Thanks. I love it when people send me searching and I can probably use the knowledge later in my research.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have no idea. They just show up, from time to time. I've wondered too, but have not been able to figure it out. Perhaps ask Thomas. ??

    ReplyDelete