Friday, September 17, 2010

Follow Friday - 17 Sep 2010

Follow Friday - 17 Sep 2010


My recommendations this week. As usual, I normally pick one or two good posts from my week's readings, or left from the prior week! Hope they are useful or at least interesting to you, as well! If it is your first visit, even better!  ;-)


POST 1:

I've been off in Texas all week with my grandkids, taking them to school every day and picking them up while daughter recovered from a sprained ankle - she's doing fine!

When I got back, I had received a great packet of information - military and pension files on my 2nd great grandfather, Michael Smith, a Civil War veteran - 65 some pages. So happy to get it, many hours of reading, writing translation/transcription actually, and story writing ahead!

So, a big shout out to the National Archives for their online "National Archives Order for Copies of Federal Pension or Bounty Land Warrant Applications at: eservices.archives.gov/orderonline for a fine job done for me, again! Hope you have good luck, as well!


Families are Forever!  ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dr. Bill: I am one of those readers who has been enjoying your posts for a while but not commenting. It's time. Your style is great. It's easy to read, concise and informative. While catching up on your posts today I especially appreciated "To Tell the Truth" on Seaver's challenge, Eliz. Mills' video post and your commentary on the "Making Concrete" family photo. That one reminded me of my Dad mixing concrete for his projects when I was a child. So anyway, I downloaded your 13 Ways to Write Ancestor Stories and will be consulting it for more ideas on writing. I've just got to get my own Genealogy Blog going. Thanks again. I'll be around.
    Nancy Hurley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy,

    Thank you, so much, for your comments! I do encourage you to get your Genealogy Blog going. The Daily Themes really do help, in the beginning. I have a tendency to do several at a time, and post-date them using the options. I makes managing your time much easier. Best wishes! Let me know when you get going with it! ;-)

    ReplyDelete