Friday, February 4, 2011

Follow Friday - 4 Feb 2011

Follow Friday - 4 Feb 2011


I was going to stay out of the 'Expert Connect' discussion, but I am going to recommend the broader discussion that Thomas presented at High-Definition Genealogy: Family History is Focus with his "What's  Ancestry.com's Next Move" - and the many comments that it engendered. If you haven't yet had a chance to read it, please do now.

My personal concern is Rootsweb; I've been a avid user for a full 15 years and moved some of my Geocities postings there. Specifically, I have a 2003 dated 900+ webpages family history book update there. If it should go the Geocities route, as Thomas mentions (and I have been keeping my fingers crossed for a few years) I would be in a world of hurt!


Families are Forever!  ;-)

1 comment:

  1. I agree. Rootsweb is a keeper! I would be quite upset if I gets lost in the Ancestry empire.

    ReplyDelete