Monday, October 24, 2011

Mappy Monday - Revisit 1935 Map


Mappy Monday
Revisit 1935 Map


Last Monday, I posted a full view of the 1935 Union Township, Carroll County, Iowa Plat Map with notations of my family activities.

This week, look through some image files, I came across this image of a portion of the map, including the town of Coon Rapids, Iowa, with typed and written notations by my Uncle, Leo Kinnick, probably made in the late 1930s or early 1940s. Amazing. He notes the land, as I did, where he and his sister, Eileen, had lived, in Section 21. He also notes where his wife, Ida Marie Bell, lived, and where she rode a horse to the school where she taught. Great details!! {Click to enlarge the image}


Leo and Ida recently celebrated their 74th Wedding Anniversary!  ;-)

[On 50th Anniversary, as I recall]


Families are Forever!  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment