Thursday, November 17, 2011

Open Thread Thursday: How would you encourage someone to read genealogy blogs?


Open Thread Thursday: 

Here is my comment:

I agree with Judy, the first commenter, that it needs to be mentioned regularly - that is, as Thomas says, it is an education issue (one of many we face). Along with several other geneabloggers, I also write the "Springfield Genealogy Examiner" column for Examiner.com, usually two a week. Here are two I've written in the past:

"Reading genealogy blogs is a good way to learn about family history study,"

and, I also wrote: "Have you considered writing a Springfield genealogy blog yourself?"


How do you, my readers, reply to this question? Please respond in the comments!



Families are Forever!  ;-)

2 comments:

  1. When you get the answer that will get everyone to read our blogs, I will applaud you. I have tried to get my family and friends read them for ever. They know I have researched for over twenty tears and they still would rather FaceBook than stop long enough to read about their family history. They want me to print it out and give it to them to throw in a drawer or the trash.
    I love reading about other people who do genealogy because I have learned so much and I share the same interest in what they have written. I feel like there is a story teller in every life and family. I am the one in this family.
    I also follow as many genealogy blogs as I can and yet most do not stop and read mine or follow...go figure click here
    Whats the answer/ I don't know...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for leaving a comment. Them more we discuss it, the more education takes place. We are really not writing for a broad audience, individually, but collectively we can have an impact, especially on new people - who are interested. ;-)

    ReplyDelete