Thursday, November 24, 2011

Treasure Chest Thursday - LVene's Smith Book


Treasure Chest Thursday
LVene's Smith Book






This is a scan of the bottom of one page of the 'Treasure Chest' that is the family history prepared with great effort (and cost) by my Dad's sister, LVene, with help of many others, of their Smith family 'genealogy' in 1991. There were no more than 10 copies made, for the siblings, and each was made by hand.

I have benefited greatly from this work, in my personal research. I am pleased to have the copy LVene gave to my Mom (Dad had already passed away, of course).

Yesterday, I posted a poor 'old' scan of the above photo; I had forgotten it was in this book. Thanks to cousin, Becki, for reminding me. I appreciate your support a great deal.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Families are Forever!  ;-)

2 comments:

  1. This post is a wonderful reminder of how difficult it was just a few years ago for people to share their family history. Thank goodness some people compiled family histories in spite of the great effort and cost required.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Sheryl, you are exactly correct. It was often at great sacrifice, for the future of the family! ;-)

    ReplyDelete