Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Wordless (Nearly) Wednesday - 1923 Smith Family Photo


Wordless (Nearly) Wednesday
1923 Smith Family Photo


This is a scan of an old little black and white family photo that I've had for a long time but have never really ever done much with. I now realize, this is likely the last photo ever of my grandmother Ella, center back, white apron. She died in June 1923, and this photo is labeled 1923. I believe it is the only photo I have of my dad earlier than high school. He is the boy in the middle, just in front of and to the side of his mother, surrounded by all of his sisters. He would have been been 7 and a half, about the same age as my grandson, Alex, now. Pete would become 8 in early August 1923, a couple of months after his mother passed away.

Oldest living son, Willard (17) - known to all as Toots - is on the far left, next to Grandpa Bill (53). To the right of Ella (43) are the three oldest daughters, Irene (14), LVene (13) and Pauline (11). Daughter, Maxine (6) (center) and Bethene (4) are in front.


Families are Forever!  ;-)

5 comments:

  1. This will be a treasure for your family one day. Thank you for sharing today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im gonna have to come over some time to get a closer look at some of these pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love group photo's. What a nice treasure to have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you have a copy of LVene's book? There are a couple of other pictures of your dad as a young boy in it. If not, I can send you copies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your comments. Yes, Becki, thank you. I do have the book. I had forgotten he was in a couple. I need to do a 'modern' scan of this one, two, don't I. I appreciate the reminder. ;-)

    ReplyDelete