Friday, January 6, 2012

52 Weeks of Abundant Genealogy - Follow Friday - Week 1


52 Weeks of Abundant Genealogy
Follow Friday
Week 1


If I understand what Amy Coffin is suggesting in her 2012 52 Weeks of Abundant Genealogy, I believe I can follow these prompts and use them much as I have been posting of Fridays, the past years. Let's give it a try.

After much consideration, I cannot do one blog in response to the prompt, but I can do two. I read probably more than a dozen blogs, but beyond these two, which I read everyday, but the others are not consistently posted every day, so they vary from day to day, week to week.

The first of the two is Geneabloggers.com. I don't read every post every day, but I do look to see what every post is, every day - and certain ones that particularly interest me, I never miss. One of these is the New Blogs each week. I look forward to the opportunity to welcome new bloggers, and, I leave a comment on every one that allows comments. I always look to see what the 52 Weeks prompt is and I always look to see what the Open Thread Thursday is. I may not participate, but I do want to know the subject for the week. It makes be feel 'part of our community!'  ;-)

The second blog where I check every post, every day is Genea-Musings by Randy Seaver. I really enjoy Randy's writing style, and, I really appreciate what he chooses to share with us. It is simply my favorite read, week in and week out. I would really miss it if I could not read it. I also really like his "Best of…" post each week. By checking it, and the other "Best of…" links he provides, I cover a huge amount of weekly genealogy information. That means a lot, to me.  ;-)

Because of the way I introduced these two, I need to mention a third that I do check everyday, and that is Eastman's Online Genealogy Newsletter feed - Dick is very regular and full of information. For me, though, I probably read less than one of three because a lot of what he writes is simply not what I am interested it… but you may be, so… I highly recommend it, as well. ;-)

And (added yesterday!), to bookend, I'm adding The Legal Genealogist, a blog that just began on January 1st (thanks Marian - on Google+, just moments ago, as I write this!)...instant updates!  ;-)

Families are Forever!  ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for participating in the Abundant Genealogy series, Bill! Yes please adjust and tweak the weekly prompts to fit your needs. The whole point is to give you a starting point, you can finish it anyway you want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could not find a list of the whole 52 weeks (links seemed to go in loops), but, I've tired a bit of the Follow Friday approach I've been using. I have faith that your prompts will 'get me started' on a useful post each week. Thanks, again, for your contributions, and, for this comment!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete