Saturday, February 25, 2012

The 1940 Ambassadors - Happy to be one!


The 1940 Ambassadors - Happy to be one!


the1940census.com

I am pleased to join the 1940 Census Community project as a 1940 Ambassador. As a 1940 Ambassador, on Saturday and/or Monday, most weeks, I will be posting information about the 1940 US Census and the social environment of the 1940 Census.

Earlier this week, I was pleased to publish two of my Examiner.com articles about the 1940 US Census. If you missed them, click here: first was about the April 2 website for images, and, second was about volunteering to do indexing.

These posts will be labelled: 1940 Census

And, have you signed up to participate? You do so at the 1940 Census site!


Families are Forever!  ;-)


3 comments:

  1. I know I can't wait for the 1940 Census. I wonder how long it will take for an index to come on-line.

    Regards, Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. The indexing cannot start until the images are up. That is why it is so important for EVERYONE to do their part by doing some indexing. It is actually quite fun and surprisingly quick. But we need a lot of bodies. Each image must be indexed by three people, in effect, to have the best chance of the index being good. Hope you will give it a try. ;-)

    ReplyDelete