Thursday, February 23, 2012

Those Places Thursday - Louisville, KY - July/Aug 1964


Those Places Thursday - Louisville, KY - July/Aug 1964


I've already written some, here, here, and here, about our trip east in the summer of 1964 from St. George, Utah, where I was in the U.S. Air Force, to Louisville, KY, via visits to our families in Iowa.

While our new home, based on my civilian job at GE was being completed, we did live in a temporary apartment for a while. We were so busy adapting to our new environment we took few photos, and I certainly do not have any on hand right now.

We really liked our new three bedroom, two bath, brick home (with full unfinished basement) in the suburbs just south of GE Appliance Park. $14,000, by the way. My, how times have changed!  ;-)

Here is a photo of the house, actually taken in January 1972, when we stopped by to check it out, many years later.





Families are Forever!  ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Great house! Allison and I played Batman in the basement. Actually, I played Batman and Allison generally played the victim. I don't think we had a bad guy.

    ReplyDelete