Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Wordless (nearly) Wednesday - The Separator (the collectible)



Wordless (nearly) Wednesday - The Separator (the collectible)







On yesterday's 'Weekly Eileen diary update' I included an image of milk/cream separator she mentions from time to time that it is her duty to clean. As a young person, I had that duty as well. The separator, of course, receives the raw milk from the cow in the top, and (either my hand or electical device) spins the milk so that the cream comes out of one spout and the skim milk out of the other. Besides for family use in the kitchen, my family sold the excess of both at the Creamery in Coon Rapids, to which I have referred, from time to time.

This 'collectible' has been in our home for a number of years, in honor of that tradition. It currently sits on the cabinets in the kitchen in our cabin. A Google+ series of comments with +Jane Haldeman
today reminded me of it. Thanks, Jane!  ;-)

Families are Forever!  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment