Thursday, March 22, 2012

Those Places Thursday - 2029, Where will you be?


Those Places Thursday - 2029, Where will you be?


Been thinkin' about the future... I so often focus on the past... for my family history and genealogy interests. A few years ago, I had another spell like this, and picked three dates: 2003, 2010, 2029 that were important to me. I've used them in yahoo email accounts along with the billsmith - since it is so common. By now, of course, the first two have already passed by. So what is the significance of 2029?


2029 is the year I turn 90. That is 17, 18 years from now. A generation, for some. About the same amount of time as from today back to when we moved to Emporia, as a fresh, new PhD. Has much happened in that time span? You betcha'! Retirement need not be a time to sit idle. We can't do as much, or as quickly, as we used to do. But we can still do. That's what I have been thinking about - how best to do that.

My grandson will be 25. What will he be doing? where? Will I be able to see him to it? Will there be great-grandchildren by then? Probably not, but maybe. 

Will the world be a happier place? I'd like to think so. It will be the 100th anniversary of the Great Depression that so shaped my parents and grandparents, and my family as well. We are just coming out of the Great Recession, now. Hopefully there will be some new golden years, in between. Will I get to see them? I hope so. I plan to. How about you? Will you help them come about? I hope so.

Have a good day, both today, and each tomorrow!

Families are Forever!  ;-)

2 comments:

  1. I will be 65...ouch! Probably NOT retired..guessing I will have to keep working even just part time to get by...What will I be doing , where will I be??? Good questions!! I have no clue!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the comment. Makes you stop and think, a bit, doesn't it? In some ways, it will go by quickly, in other ways, it is a very long time. ;-)

    ReplyDelete