Thursday, April 19, 2012

Treasure Chest Thursday - 30s High School Grads


Treasure Chest Thursday - 30s High School Grads






These three scans are, again, from the collection held by cousin Ellen. She did such a good job of scanning them, I wanted to share these three High School graduation photos together.
Above is my uncle, Leo M. KINNICK, 1935, Coon Rapids, Iowa.




Next, also 1935, in nearby Bayard, Iowa (the school District today, since 1987, is Coon Rapids Bayard Community Schools), is Leo's first cousin, Lyle KINNICK.


One year later, 1936, from Coon Rapids High School, my mother, Eileen KINNICK.

Treasure Chest photo, indeed!  ;-)


Families are Forever!  ;-)

8 comments:

  1. Oh I love those! The art deco frames just add so much flavor to the photos. how fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment. I couldn't agree more! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Grandma's picture!!! she is so young!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Allison, that was exactly what I was thinking as I put it up. You are so right. Thanks! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are fabulous photographs. Don't you think young people in the 1920s through the 1940s looked older than their years? When I see graduation photographs from that time period I nearly always thing the young folks look like they're in their mid-20s (or older, sometimes) rather than about 18 years old. Thanks for sharing these beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do know what you mean, Nancy. I found that 'feeling' came and went, over the years. I appreciate your comments. ;-)

    ReplyDelete