Friday, June 22, 2012

52 Weeks of Abundant Genealogy - Follow Friday - Week 25


52 Weeks of Abundant Genealogy - Follow Friday - Week 25


If I understand what Amy Coffin is suggesting in her 2012 52 Weeks of Abundant Genealogy, I believe I can follow these prompts and use them much as I have been posting of Fridays, the past years. Let's give it a try.

Week 25: Genealogy Database Software
: Database programs have revolutionized the way we store and record our genealogy. Which one is your favorite? What are some of the tools and perks of the program that enhance your family history research? Share a link to the company website or vendor so others may learn more about this product.

This week’s prompt runs from Sunday, June 17 through Saturday, June 23, 2012.

I use only a MacBook Pro computer now, so I use Reunion 9. I used Reunion many years ago on my desktop computers. Then, I moved to several PC based programs. I was never particularly happy with any of them, though they all worked just fine. When I came back to the Mac, full-time, I tried several of the newer Mac programs, but eventually adopted the Reunion again, which is the same software that my wife uses. I am totally satisfied. I don't do a lot of 'fancy stuff' - so cannot comment on those kinds of things.


Families are Forever!  ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Bill, I am branching out. I am working on Roots Magic for my Mac. I started with PAF for Mac then went to Reunion. Accidentally watched a Roots Magic program at Jamboree a few years back and bugged Bruce Buzbee until he set it up for Mac people to use. Obviously it took him a few years but some time give it a try. I never dreamt I would have so many programs to play with. I have used Geni.com (Cloud program) for over 5 years. It helps for my branching family members. I have worked with MyHeritage.com new program and find it intriguing, again it is a cloud program. I have found more collateral family on MYHERITAGE.com than any program including lists and queries. Our world is expanding and shrinking at the same time. I hate that they are removing books from society.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Susi! Good information. I did not know Roots Magic was available for Mac. Roots Magic was the last PC program I used. I liked it pretty well. Thanks, again, for great comments! ;-)

    ReplyDelete