Friday, June 8, 2012

Follow Friday - 52 Weeks - Family Traditions


Follow Friday - 52 Weeks - Family Tradition


52 Weeks of Abundant Genealogy - Week 23

52 Weeks of Abundant Genealogy 2012 prompts suggested by Amy Coffin; thanks, Amy!



Week 23: Family Traditions:
 For which family tradition are you most thankful? How did the tradition start? Which family members have been responsible for keeping the tradition alive and how has it shaped your own family history?

This challenge runs from Sunday, June 3 through Saturday, June 9, 2012.

Annual gathering of extended family - both maternal lines: Kinnick-Williams and Sorensen
I have written previously about the Kinnick-Williams picnics… I have a photo as early as 1932; they were annual events throughout the 1940s and 1950s as I was growing up. Although they have missed a few years, as people got older, this was renewed, last year (I was able to attend) and I just got a call from my uncle it will be held again next week (I will not be able to attend).
http://drbilltellsancestorstories.blogspot.com/2009/12/wordless-nearly-wednesday-annual.html
On the Sorensen (my maternal grandmother's family) the organization was not as formal, but they met fairly regularly. Here is one from the 1949:




Families are Forever!  ;-)

2 comments:

  1. I love the old-time pictures of family reunions. It's fun to look at the various people and then try to figure out how they fit into the family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, for sure. Most we know... sometimes some visitors are harder to identify! ;-)

    ReplyDelete