Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Wordless (nearly) Wednesday - William and Emma (Kinnick) Carper



Wordless (nearly) Wednesday
William and Emma (Kinnick) Carper


This is another of the fine photo images I received from my cousin, Ellen DeVilbiss, on 4 Dec 2012. She has preserved and shared them from her grandmother, my aunt, Lillian Kinnick Ford.


Regarding this photo, Ellen wrote for me: "Photo of Emma & William Carper:  Do you think this was a wedding photo?  They are such a dapper young couple here.  Written on the back in light pencil & interrupted by the fact that this was once glued to something is “Mrs. Wm S. Carper Buda Ill.”  In darker pencil and a different handwriting is Aunt Emma and Uncle Will Carper.  This is obviously taken at the height of the mutton sleeve era, between mid 1880’s & mid 1890’s.  They were married in 1894 in my records." My records show Jan 1894. It is likely near their wedding date.

Emma Estelle Kinnick Carper (1866-1935)
William S. (Will) Carper (1867-1975)
They had no children. 

Also among the photo images Ellen sent was also a younger photo of Emma:


With his comment:  "Photo of Emma Kinnick Carper:  I had to look her up in my data as all that is written on this one is “Emma Carper”.  Emma Estelle Kinnick married William S. Carper, so this is Walter Watson’s daughter b. Dec. 9 1866.  She shares my birthday, although I’m much younger (1954)."

Emma was an older sister of my great-grandfather, Alzono Kinnick (1870-1923) .


Families are Forever!  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment