Sunday, February 10, 2013

FHWC - Feb 2013 - Entry 3


The Family History Writing Challenge - Feb 2013 - Entry 3


You can read my Entry 1 here and Entry 2 here...


Lynn's "Inspiration" quote for Day 10 (in her daily email messages to each of us) really resonated with me. The heart of this quote has always been one of my favorites - but I had not known the attribution. Nice to see the whole thing, in context. THANKS, Lynn!

 "Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan, 'press on' has solved, and always will solve, the problems of the human race."

                                     Calvin Coolidge

I suppose the quote is so meaningful because that tends to be how I work … I slug along, but keep at it. "Persistence and determination are omnipotent" were my hallmarks in my work life - I had this posted wherever I worked. I still believe in it.

Thanks, again, Lynn, for the continued encouragement!!


Families are Forever!  ;-)

2 comments:

  1. I liked that quote too. I find it works for doing family history too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate your visit and your comment. Press on! ;-)

    ReplyDelete