Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Appearance - Bentonville, Arkansas


Appearance - Bentonville, Arkansas






I had a great time presenting my "13 Ways to Tell Your Ancestor Stories and more" talk to the members of the Northwest Arkansas Genealogical Society in Bentonville, AR, Monday evening, April 1. Above, I am with Diane Gininni, President, who invited me. About 25 members participated in our open discussion about 'telling your ancestor stories.' What fun!




Inside the Bentonville Public Library is a really neat department called the William Enfield History and Genealogy Department with extensive resources and helpful volunteers. Among other projects I had a chance to view was an amazing book. It is a compilation of all Confederate Soldiers in the four county area. They are now working on research of each spouse and family of each soldier. An incredibly valuable work project.  While I was there, one lady was transcribing obituaries - they are still the single most requested genealogical item. Of course they are!  ;-)




The Bentonville Public Library, itself, is a fine facility at 405 S. Main near the downtown area.


Families are Forever!  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment