Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Wordless (nearly) Wednesday - Uncle Orrin Hilgenberg


Wordless (nearly) Wednesday

Uncle Orrin Hilgenberg


1 Jun 1985, Orrin and Bill, in California

 I think this is the last time, or next to last time, that I spent time with Orrin. He passed away on 14 Jul 2013, at the age of 100 years and about 5 months. My hat is off to him. He continued to be active nearly until the very end. He and his wife, Max (my Dad's sister), had celebrated their 75th Wedding Anniversary before she passed away about 15 months ago. 

Notice, above, left, he is telling an animated story. That was Orrin. Full of life. They lived across the road from our farm, for a number of years, in Iowa, when I was growing up there, before they moved to Arizona. He was a Flying Farmer, with his own plane (for a time) and rode motorcycles.

For these many years, now, this is the image that came to my mind when I thought of him... and it always will be.


Families are Forever! ;-)

2 comments: