Saturday, December 21, 2013

The Book of Me, Written By You - Prompt 17: Toys and Games




The Book of Me, Written By You
Prompt 17: Toys and Games

"The Book of Me, Written By You" is a GeneaBloggers project created by Julie Goucher of the Anglers Rest blog. The concept: a series of blogging and writing prompts that help family historians capture their own memories and write about themselves.


Prompt 17: Toys and Games

This week’s prompt is Toys and Games
    •    Can you remember your first toy, or game? - Not really; I'm very old...
    •    Do you still have it? - Certainly not.
    •    Who did you play with? - cousins, ... and brothers, eventually.
    •    Did you play board games? - Yes. Monopoly was a favorite, with four brothers, and cousins
    •    Have you inherited any of your family games & toys? - Not that I think of...
    •    Share some pictures if you would like to! Happy to...

My Lionel Train from 1952, which I have shared before, is my most memorable Toy, I suppose. I've shown my grandchildren playing with it. Here is one of my oldest daughter, Annette, in July 1965, playing with it as well. It still works... mostly stays in a box these days... ;-)



Families are Forever!

2 comments:

  1. My family also often played monopoly when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete