Tuesday, June 24, 2014

52 Ancestors: #26 John and Rebecca Miller


52 Ancestors: #26 John and Rebecca Miller


This year, Amy Johnson Crow has issues a new 52 weeks blogging challenge:


52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks

on her No Story Too Small blog.

The challenge: have one blog post each week devoted to a specific ancestor. It could be a story, a biography, a photograph, an outline of a research problem — anything that focuses on one ancestor. Not only should this get me blogging more, but also to take a deeper look at some of the people in my family tree.

My approach: I have made this a Tuesday Theme, and, use it to enhance my WikiTree ancestor profiles. That is, focus on a different ancestor on my WikiTree list of profiles, each week (include possibly adding new profiles), Great idea! Thanks to Randy Seaver's post for bringing this to my attention!
Note: Third shift (not change) to approach. Beginning with #25, I will be doing direct ancestor couples.


#26 John and Rebecca Miller

These are a set of my 2nd great-grandparents, #22 and #23 on my Ahnentafel Report, for my genealogy friends.

Their youngest daughter, Ellen Rebecca Miller, was my great-grandmother, see #4.

John Miller (b. 6 Oct 1806, Berks Co, Pennsylvania; d. 7 Sep 1888, Edgerton, Williams Co, Ohio)
married
Rebecca Firestone Carle (b. 4 Jan 1808, Ohio; d. 6 Oct 1892, Coon Rapids, Carroll Co, Iowa)
on 8 Mar 1832 in Columbiana Co, Ohio

Their first two children were born in Richland Co, Ohio, and rest were born in Williams County, Ohio):

Their known children were:

1. Sabrina Miller (1832-1913)
2. William Carle Miller (1834-1910)
3. Richard Miller (1837-1839)
4. Harriet L. Miller (1838-1903)
5. Harmon L. Miller (1840-1929)
6. Daniel Burns (D.B.) Miller (1843-1939)
7. Lydia Ann Miller (1845-1903)
8. John M. Miller (1848-1851)
9. Ellen Rebecca Miller (1850-1912)

John Miller was a very successful farmer and raised his children to be successful, each in their own way - in that, he was most successful.

I wrote extensively about this family in the 1990s, recorded at Rootsweb. That site is currently down. I'll add the reference when Ancestry.com has gotten those records back on line.


The first mention of John Miller, here, was on a Surname Saturday.

I wrote about the Miller family in My Hometown, Coon Rapids, Iowa, as well.
I blogged about the "Rebecca" given name at the Carle Surname Saturday.

What fun! ;-)

Families are Forever! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment