Saturday, June 28, 2014

World War I began 100 years ago today


World War I began 100 years ago today


World War I Memorial, Atlantic City, New Jersey


What seemed as a minor event in Central Europe, 100 years ago today, was not even reported in many American newspapers in the US until two days later. An assassination in what is now Bosnia and Herzegovina was the event. Here is a report on the local Springfield news article:


Earlier, I posted this article about how WWI will be recognized here in Missouri:


Do you have ancestors or relatives that were involved in World War I? Have you documented them sufficiently? Now is the time to do so. Reminders of War are not always welcomed, but by using them as a reminder to finish a piece of research, they can be valuable. Best wishes in your efforts!


Families are Forever! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment